In a previous post on this blog we talked about “Respect the Mountains”. This organization creates awareness about mountain areas, promoting sustainable tourism and drawing attention to these unique areas.
A member of this organization is Alpine Pearls. This is an association of 28 Alpine tourist areas specialized as a environmentally friendly destinations. Some areas of Germany, France, Italy, Austria, Slovenia and Switzerland are part of this organization.
The Alpine Pearls offers environmentally sustainable, culturally diverse, qualitatively high and adventure-packed holiday experiences to the main public. Soft tourism, environmentally friendly travel and an unwavering commitment to sustainability combine with relaxation and incredible adventures in nature’s paradise to make for a first-rate holiday experience!
Soft mobility is one of the main goals of the organization, so as to guarantee:
– environmentally friendly leisure activities.
-traffic restrictions in city centres
– guarantees of mobility through transportation services.
The Alpine Pearls destinations meets the following 10 quality commitments:
1. The Pearls promote “soft-style” and high quality holidays.
2. Guarantee that are easily accessible by train and bus, the eco-friendly way.
3. Assist easy softly mobile holidays with their outstanding services.
4. Guests can reach their destination effortlessly even without a car.
5. They preserves its own regional personality and charm.
6. Investing in alternative energies.
7. Offers new fascinating ways to explore soft mobility, such as electric vehicles.
8. Hikers and walkers can enjoy care and car-free times – far away from traffic noise and exhaust fumes.
9. Delights in its own culinary and cultural diversity every day
10. They are pioneers in the field of ecotourism inspiring many villages around the globe
Article: DCB Tourism and Local Development @DCBTurisme