BikeHotels Südtirol is an initiative located in the Italian region of Alto Adige (Südtirol in German) which brings together 35 hotels and 8 service enterprises related to cycling (guiding, bike rental, etc..).
Through a highly interactive site, trip planners can choose accommodation, tour packages and hire the services of cycling guide companies according to their preferred sub-region, the type of cycling and difficulty level. This site offers a kind of cycling holiday according to five different categories: Mountain biker, mountain biker – free rider, Racing cyclist, Leisure cyclist and e-biker (electric mountain bikes). There are six sub-regions within Alto Adige: Bolzano, Dolomites, Isar Valley, Merano, Valli di Tures e Aurina.
Hotels are rated according to a scoring system periodically reviewed by independent experts. This system, works as a guideline and represents an opportunity to expand the range of services of every Bikehotel while also seeking to ease the customer’s choice. Similarly, in this site you can use the services of Bike insider, a kind of expert in every type of rider category defining your preferences on itineraries or accommodations, answering questions and giving out advice. Given the wide range of the Alto Adige region, this figure helps create certain proximity with the prospective client.
On these bases, Quality score values other additional services that depend on several criteria:
– Specialization of hotel establishments in one or several cycling categories.
– Proximity of hotels to cycling routes
– Facilities that suit the needs of cyclists (bike wash, equipped area, etc..)
– Level of security inside bicycle storage areas (video surveillance, etc..)
– Information areas including updated posts on cycling offers
– Food products adapted to the needs of cyclists
– Laundry rooms (washing and drying of cyclists clothes).
– Rental of high quality cycling teams
Each hotel also has the added value that the hosts/ managers of the accommodations are also cycling enthusiasts. Thus, each hotel can offer the following facilities:
– Supervision by qualified guides.
– Downloadable GPS maps and routes of nearby places from the hotel computer.
– Picnic Lunches to take on route
– Transport service back to the hotel and to take cyclists to the start of more distant routes.
Article: DCB Turisme i Desenvolupament Local @DCBTurisme