DCB has lately been working with the «Consell Comarcal del Montsià» (Montsià county council) to develop a project aimed to creating tourist products with the agricultural values of this territory. The final document was recently presented.
During the elaboration of this study, financed with the collaboration of the SOC (Servei d’Ocupació de Catalunya), the main idea was to enhance the role of the existing heritage, focusing on one «star product», the rice produced in the area. The cultivation of rice is linked to areas of high quality and prestige, such as the Parque Nacional de Doñana, la Albufera de Valencia, the Parque Natural del Delta del Ebro or the recently declared Parc Natural del Montgrí, Illes Medes i Baix Ter.
The collaboration between these areas could allow an exchange of experiences and the presentation of joint projects. The goal would be to have an easier access to calls for projects involving rural development, such as the pilot projects of the Red Rural Nacional (National Rural Network).
The document presented by DCB contains:
– An identification of good practices in Spain and Europe
– Financial programs linked to sustainable rural development.
– Main concepts and trends on sustainable and responsible tourism in Europe, to learn about the EU’s and other organization’s strategies.
– An analysis of 131 European tour operators related to nature-based tourism in this area.
– An identification of 82 tourist products offered by these operators based on the following fields:
2. Family active holidays
3. Walking or hiking routes
6. Fauna and flora observation, birdwatching
7. Cooking courses and sensorial workshops
8. Holiday programs for scholars and young groups.
9. Self-drive routes around the area.