The project presented by RETECORK, European Network of Cork Territories, www.retecork.org called
Territorios Corcheros. El corcho y los paisajes corcheros como base del desarrollo sostenible en zonas rurales, has been selected in the frame of the 2010 call for projects “Red Rural Nacional”, of the Spanish Environment, Rural and Marine Ministry.
This project has obtained a financial support of 515.813 euros, consisting of the 90% of its total budget and run will be from 2010 to 2013.
According to the objectives presented, the activities will be addressed to:
– Strengthening of the competitiveness of cork territories.
– Promoting the creation of a stable occupation, population setting and improving quality life for inhabitants of these territories.
– Encourage innovation and technologic development of sector.
– Promote new economic activities based on the valuation of cork territories and cultural heritage.
– Strengthen the RETECORK network as a model reference.
– Promote the use of cork as a natural and sustainable product.
The project involves 17 municipalities of Andalucía, Extremadura, Catalunya, Castilla-La Manxa and Comunidad Valenciana, coordinated by two tecnique of project sites located in Palafrugell (Girona) and San Vicente de Alcántara (Badajoz).
Enhorabuena. Ahora a aprovechar este impulso!